The following 21 muscle building tips are bullet form for quick and
easy reference. You’ll find more detailed discussions on each point on
the rest of the site:
1. Workout your daily energy requirements and add 500k calories per day.
2. Eating enough quality protein is essential for muscle building. Aim for 1g per lb of bodyweight.
3. Eat unrefined carbohydrates with a low glycemic index i.e. whole grains.
4. Take an essential fatty acid supplement like flaxseed oil.
5. Lift heavy weights in the 6-12 rep range for muscle building.
6. Train 3-4 times a week at most.
7. Train each body part intensely, once a week.
8. Cycle your program over a 6 week period or so to avoid over-training.
9. Drink plenty of water, about 2 to 3 litres per day.
10. Consider using creatine monohydrate and weight gainers, two of the only effective muscle building supplements.
11. Keep rests between sets to about 90 seconds.
12. Limit your workouts to 45-60 minutes.
13. Free weights are superior to machines for muscle building.
14. Get plenty of rest and sleep between workouts.
15. Use a meal replacement powder if you struggle making 5-6 meals a day.
16. Accentuate the negative movement on all exercises.
17. Have one day a week off from dieting or one week every 12 weeks.
18. Concentrate on compound exercises like squats, bench press and dead lifts.
19. Avoid doing drop sets and supersets every set and every session.
20. Limit your intake of alcohol to no more than 2 units a day.
21. Stick to a muscle building program which has been proven to work